Selling Popcorn Online
Sell popcorn to friends and family on-line:
There is an online account available for each individual unit and/or for each individual Scout. Sales generated on-line qualifies toward Scout Rewards and scholarship credit. Your Unit will receive 27% commission on these sales which will be credited to your unit account each quarter.
Important Notice: If your Scouts participated in online sales in the 2013, they do not need to create a new account.
ALL SCOUTS NEED TO VERIFY THAT THEY HAVE CHOOSEN NORTHERN LIGHTS COUNCIL & THE CORRECT DISTRICT & UNIT # TO HAVE SALES CREDITED CORRECTLY.
Registration Instructions for Scouts Selling On-Line
Here is how to register Scouts for on-line selling:
(click here to download instructions)
1. Click here.
2. At the top of the page click “Create an Account” and choose “Scout” in drop down box.
3. Then enter Scout’s birth date (you must enter the birth date in order to register.)
4. Complete the “Register as a Scout” page.
- Fill in Scout’s first name and last initial.
- Create “Username”
- Fill in Parent’s First and Last Name
- Fill in Parent’s Email along with filling in & confirming Scout’s Email. You will need to have a parent’s email as well as a separate email address for the scout. If there are two brothers in Scouts, each Scout will need a separate email account (Gmail offers free email accounts). Scouts need to be +13 yrs old or have parent’s permission. If under the age of 13, the following message will appear: “Note: because you have indicated that you are less than 13 years old, your parent or guardian must give their approval before you can use this website. We will contact them at the email address you provide with instructions.” If Scout is under the age of 13, parent’s email can be used for Scout’s email address.
- Create and Confirm a “Password.” The password needs to be at least 8 characters long.
- Select your Council. From the drop box, select “Northern Lights”
- Select your District. From the drop box, select your respective district.
- Select your Unit Type (Pack, Troop, Crew, etc), & Unit Number. Note: Your Charter Organization will show behind your unit number. Please verify that you are selecting the correct unit, so that you as a Scout, along with the unit, will receive credit for the online sales.
- Select “Yes” to receive emails from Trail’s End. This allows you to be notified of promotions as well as important account information.
- Hit “Sign Up” and you will get the page with the message “Thanks for registering”
5. The Scout can then log-in and use an email template to send requests to friends and family by selecting “Spread the Word”
Note: The Scout should see his first name and last initial as well as the word SCOUTS on the page to verify he is in the correct account.
Leaders are able to create an on-line account to review which Scouts have registered and sales results. Click here, then select the “Leader” tab from the drop box under “Create an account” and register.