Fall Roundup Cub Scout Recruitment Campaign – Words to Live By
There has never been a more exciting time to be a Cub Scout or a Cub Scout leader than now. Likewise, the ‘words to live by’ that have been guiding Scouts for 100 years have never been more relevant than they are today.
The 12 points of the Scout Law, ‘words to live by’, is again the theme for our fall Cub Scout recruiting effort. Your dens, packs, schools and communities will become stronger as more boys and their parents participate in a quality Cub Scout program.
The 2010 Fall Roundup will soon be upon us. The high point of the Fall Roundup is each pack’s School Night for Scouting. The council has designated Thursday, September 16, 2010 as the official School Night for Scouting. All Cub Scout packs are encouraged to hold their School Night for Scouting (Join Night) on that night. For those packs that are not able to have their joining event that night, please schedule your School Night for Scouting prior to September 16th.
Be Ready for the Fall Roundup – Top 10 Action Items for Every Pack!
- Attend your district’s Fall Roundup Kickoff & Training – Attendance at this training event will be critical to your pack’s success. You will receive your pack’s 2010 Fall Roundup Kit containing all of the materials needed for your pack’s successful fall recruiting effort. Your kit will also include a complimentary copy of the new Den and Pack Meeting Resource Guide. Check with your district to find out what day the district’s Fall Roundup Kickoff & Training is scheduled for.
- Schedule your Pack’s School Night for Scouting by August 1, 2010. Confirm the date, time, and location.
- Meet with your school principal to share your pack’s plan for the Fall Roundup. Confirm his/her support for distributing flyers and conducting Boy Talks prior to your School Night for Scouting.
- Complete your pack’s 2010-2011 activity calendar. Use your calendar to promote all the fun things new Cub Scouts will be doing when they join your pack! Include a great October activity for new Cub Scouts to participate in right away. If your district has a Cub Scout Fun Day, that may be a great option.
- Promote your School Night for Scouting using at least 7 of the best methods for promotion as outlined in the Fall Roundup 2010 Leaders’ Guide. These guides will be available online and will be a part of your 2010 Fall Roundup Kit.
- Schedule your Parent Orientation meeting to take place no more than one week following your School Night for Scouting.
- Create a plan to be sure that all pack leaders, including new leaders, complete youth protection training right away. This is a BSA requirement for all leaders.
- Order your flyers and wristbands on time so they will be ready when you need them. The order form will be in your 2010 Fall Roundup Kit.
- Get school directory and call and invite parents and boys to join.
- Recruit den leaders for dens that need them prior to your School Night for Scouting. Be ready to fill those dens with new boys!
Fall Roundup 2010 - Materials for Success
Fall Roundup Materials