Distinguished Commissioner Award
- Complete training as outlined by the local council, including earning the Scouter's Key for Commissioners.
- Serve as an active commissioner or an active Exploring service team member for 5 consecutive years and be currently registered with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Recharter at least 90 percent of the units in your area of service for a minimum of the past 2 consecutive years. this applies to council commissioners, assistant council commissioners, district commissioners, assistant district commissioners, unit commissioners, council Exploring service team chairpersons, division/district/cluster Exploring service team chairpersons, and Exploring service team members.
- Assist units so that more than 50 percent achieve National Quality Unit Award in your area of service for a minimum of the past 2 consecutive years.
- Roundtable/huddle commissioner recognition is based on completing requirements No. 1 and No. 2 listed above, plus the following. In place of items No. 3 and No. 4, roundtable/huddle commissioners are to conduct at least nine roundtables/huddles per year for the past 2 consecutive years.