Mark your calendars now for the next college which will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at the Center for Scouting in Fargo. This training event will be open to all adult leaders - you don't have to be a commissioner to attend!
There will be 7 course "tracks' to choose from, each with 3-9 class options:
- Unit Commissioner Basic Training
- District Commissioner / ADC Basic Training
- Roundtable Commissioner Basic Training
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Continuing Education/Staff
For those of you that have attended the college in the past and would like a copy of your personal data sheet (showing which courses you have taken or that you need to complete a degree level), please contact Carl Ness. You can send him an email by using the link below to go to the registration page and then click on the resources tab.
Click here to go to the 2017 registration page.
Commissioners are district and council volunteers who help Scouting units succeed. They coach and consult with adult leaders of Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, Varsity teams and Venturing crews.
Commissioners help maintain the standards of the Boy Scouts of America. They also oversee the unit charter renewal plan so that each unit reregisters on time with an optimum number of youth and adult members.
Your unit commissioner is a link between your unit and the Northern Lights Council.
Council Commissioner Staff
- Council Commissioner -- Mike Briggs
- Flickertail District Commissioner
- Oxcart Trails District Commissioner
- Lakes District Commissioner -- Michael Denke
- Northern Sky District Commissioner -- Steven Meinhardt
- Lake Agassiz District Commissioner -- Robert Dusso - 218-230-4325
- Roughrider District Commissioner
- Voyageur Trails District Commissioner -- Kim Tunheim - 218-681-8378
- Tomahawk District Commissioner
- Frontier Trails District Commissioner -- Stephen Snowden
- Great Plains District Commissioner
- Staff Advisor -- Darin Steindl - 701-499-0646
National BSA Commissioner Home Page
CHARTER RENEWAL - the commissioners most important task is to help units complete the annual charter renewal process on-time with no defects.
Commissioner Service Information