Northern Lights Council Registration and Refund Policies
Refund Policy – Council & District Events***
Due to advance planning, staffing and purchasing necessary to conduct quality Scouting activities, the following policy is in effect regarding refunds:
A participant is not registered for an event until all event fees are paid in full.
A portion of each event participant’s registration fee is non-refundable. Non-refundable registrant fees are outlined:
Registrant fee of $24 or less, $3 is non-refundable.
Registrant fee of $25 - $99, $6 is non-refundable.
Registrant fee of $100 or more, 15% of the fee is non-refundable.
- If an event is cancelled, a full refund will be issued.
- All refund requests must be made in writing and submitted to the Northern Lights Council Program Director, 4200 19th Ave. S, Fargo, ND 58103.
- If a refund is requested in writing at least 14 days prior to the start of the event* a full refund, less non-refundable fees as outlined above, will be issued.
- If a refund is requested in writing less than 14 days prior to the event*, a 50% refund will be issued.
- Beginning with the day an event starts, there will be no refunds. For emergency situations (illness or injury with written documentation by a medical doctor or parent or guardian, a death in the family or unexpected relocation of the family), a 50% refund will be issued.
- All refund requests must be made before the event or, for emergency situations only, during the event or on the business day following the event. Requests made after that time will not be honored.
***This policy as written applies to all council and district events except Winter Camp at Camp Wilderness, Cub Scout Resident Camp and Boy Scout Summer Camp. Please review the refund policies below.
Winter Camp – Refund Policy: Cancellations must be made 30 days prior to the reservation date or the unit will be charged the full rental fee for the cabin. Fees are transferable to another weekend if change is made 30 days prior to original reservation date. In the event of a cancellation by the Council, fees will be refunded in full.
Cub Resident Camp Refund Policy (Big 4, Heart Butte, Camp Wilderness): The down payment portion of the fee is non-refundable.
Boy Scout Summer Camp at Camp Wilderness – Refund Policy: The Troop reservation deposit is non-refundable. There is a $100 per participant non-refundable fee for Boy Scout summer camp.